Online Therapy in California for Adults and Couples
Whether you’re feeling depressed, anxious, or stressed out – Online Therapy is an effective support option.
Do you feel like you might benefit from counseling support but have roadblocks to attending in-office sessions? You are not alone. Most people find it hard to carve out an hour or more in the middle of a busy work or family day to get the support they need. While in-person office meetings are my preferred method of working – online therapy is a viable option for many who find it next to impossible to make it into the office. I offer safe, effective and convenient Online Therapy in California therapy sessions. Video and audio therapy sessions are offered through a secure online platform, where you can meet with me from your desktop, laptop, tablet, or mobile device. Online Therapy (also known as Teletherapy or Telehealth) allows us to connect anywhere with secure and convenient appointments that save you time and hassle. There’s no need to deal with traffic when you can schedule and attend your appointments directly from a laptop or mobile device.
Why Online Therapy in California?
Online therapy has many benefits. It is an ideal option for those who have challenging schedules, have limited childcare options, live in an area that is either remote or congested with traffic.
Here’s what the research says about online therapy.
Research consistently shows that online therapy can be very effective for many issues including anxiety, depression and relationship issues. Here are the results of a few studies:
- A 2014 study published in the Journal of Affective Disorders found that internet-based therapy for depression to be equally effective as regular in-person therapy.
- A 2014 study published in Behaviour Research and Therapy showed that online therapy was effective in treating anxiety disorders. Client progress via online treatment was sustained at the one-year follow-up.
- A 2018 study published in the Journal of Psychological Disorders examined online therapy treatment for major depression, panic disorder, social anxiety disorder and generalized anxiety disorder. The study found that internet based therapy for “anxiety and depressive disorders is effective, acceptable and practical health care.”
Some disadvantages of online therapy to consider
- Technical difficulties such as poor internet connection can impede or interrupt session or communication.
- Some People Need the In-Person Interaction – When you are in the room with someone it is easier to feel the energy and connection. Non verbal communication is more noticeable. Additionally, some people like the office environment and the act of setting aside a time and place for therapy.